Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Say What?!?

Did you know that Idaho is one out of three states in our great nation that does not support breastfeeding in public? Are you kidding me?!? Isn't it 2010?!? I mean with all of the babies born every single day why wouldn't we be supported to nurse our children. I would think it would save the state a large sum of money if women were encouraged to nurse their children and especially if it wasn't so looked down apon in public. I have been very successful nursing both of my girls. I plan to nurse Lily atleast till her first birthday and I am so sick of the nasty looks that I get while out and about trying to feed my baby. Seriously, I use my "hooter hider" and never have I "flashed" anyone. Which is quite tricky when you have a eight month old squirming about. I just think it is ridiculous that we are still trying to get nursing normalized. The Good Lord gave us the ability to feed our babies so why shouldn't we. I completely support women who choose not to nurse also. It is our right as mothers to choose, what I don't support is the people who judge others for doing it in public. I have nursed at : resturaunts, the zoo, the movies, church, the mall, bbq's, the local pool, and lots of other places. I am always getting looks, comments and judging stares. Give me a break, I don't ask you to eat in the bathroom so why should I be expected to feed my baby in there? I ask that all of you visit the site http://www.nursingfreedom.org/ and check out the rights that we all have in our states. There is also a link to send our congress a letter asking them to join to support breastfeeding mommas http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5162/t/6359/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1697


I just hope that someday it won't be such a big deal and if you see a mom out and about feeding her baby, give her an encouraging smile because chances are she's felt judged already. xoxo

2 comments:

Karen said...

Amen to that! =)

Kami Satterlee said...

get um Lyns! Show them what you're workin with....oh wait...no, don't do that:)haha Hooray for boob milk and hooray for the middle finger!